with Suzi Chin Silicz
This weekly class is for Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute Staff and other affiliated precinct partners.
WHEN: MONDAYS 5.30 – 6.30 PM
WHERE: Lowy Packer Building, Level 4 Seminar Room
This class has been running at The Garvan and then VCCRI for over 15 years. People come to the class after the work day to experience the fundamentals of yoga, to stretch, to strengthen, to relax and to help focus the mind.
The class is for people who have yoga experience and beginners, everyone is welcome!
There are a few changes to how the class has previously run in keeping with the current Covid protocols in place. Read on for how to join the class.
(Please note: This class is only for VCCRI and affiliated precinct partners.)
How to register
* An email inviting you to the class is sent with a link to register OR register via the form below.
* The class runs on a 5 CLASS PASS system, Cost: $75. Passes are valid for 6 weeks only from 1st date of use and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
* Once the pass is purchased your spaces are blocked in the class.
* Class is capped at 12 spaces.
* Payment is by direct transfer (details are emailed upon registration) or cash.
New to yoga?
* If you’re new to yoga, a block of classes gives a good introduction to what yoga is all about as we cover the range of yoga poses over the month.
before arriving to class….
Read the below information as some things have changed
You will need to bring your own yoga mat and a bath or beach towel
* Due to Covid restrictions mats are not provided at this time.
* If you don’t have a yoga mat, you can purchase one from me for $25 – $35. (see form below) (note: Towels are useful during class but aren’t a substitute for the grip thus safety of a yoga mat.)
* Other props, eg: blocks and straps are provided which can be wiped down after use with anti-bacterial wipes.
Arriving for Yoga at VCCRI Lowy Packer Building
* Aim to arrive at 5.20 pm to Covid check in.
* If entering the Lowy Packer Building before 5.30 pm please QR sign in and reception will temperature check you. If you’re late, still QR register and sign in to the after hours record.
* Use the hand sanitiser provided at reception and yoga space.
When you come to the class
* Wear T-shirt, tights, shorts – clothes you can move freely in.
* Yoga is done on an empty stomach, leave at least 3 hours after a main meal.
* Don’t attend if you are experiencing cold / flu like symptoms or are sick.
* Let me know if you’re menstruating so poses can be modified for you.
* If you have any injuries or health conditions let me know before class or via email.
* When you arrive use the hand sanitiser & help move a few chairs to clear the space.
* Place your mat at least 1.5m away from others.
* Mute your mobile phone.
* After class help move chairs back and wipe down any props used.
* On some occasions the Level 4 room is conference booked and the class is likely to be cancelled. You’ll receive as much notice as possible via email in this event.
* The class will not run on public holidays.
* In the event of the class being cancelled, one week will be added to the duration of class passes.
* The class may be cancelled with notice if under-subscribed.
YOGA at Lowy Packer Building website page
* Copy and save the link to this page to reference or share.