Autumn Weekend workshop
March 27 & 28
with Suzi Chin Silicz
at WOKE YOGA POTTS POINT. 2/20 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point.
Saturday 3.00 – 5.30 PM and Sunday 2.00 – 3.30 PM
“By drawing our senses of perception inwards, we are able to experience the control, silence, and quietness of the mind.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Our bodies and minds respond to changes in weather, environment and the cycle of the seasons. The food we eat changes, the clothes we wear and the activities we like. It’s the same with yoga. We respond to practice differently as we transit from summer to the cooler months.
Yoga’s sister science, Ayuveda, is based in the three elements that relate to body types or ‘doshas’, Vata – air, Pitta – fire and Kapha – water. In autumn we are fully entering into the ‘Vata’ air element and the one which is quite easily disturbed.
Vata in the body relates to the lungs and mind connection. It’s imbalances show up in experiences like anxiety, shakiness, loss of focus, restlessness, insomnia etc. At the very least, we are all skipping through this state when we desire to cram and overload our days with goals and activities to reach a higher sense of achievement. It becomes habitual, particularly in modern society.
In this workshop we will work to ground the energy in the physical body, steady the nervous system and discover the importance and place of pranayama, yogic breathing, in practice and the role this plays to balance Vata in the mind and body.
Cost: $90. Book via the form below:
Please read the Covid protocols before arriving to studio classes:
- You will need to bring your own yoga mat and a towel to cover soft props.
Other props if you have could be 2 blocks and a strap.
- Please don’t attend if you are experiencing cold / flu like symptoms or are sick.
- QR log into the studio and use the hand sanitiser available in reception.
- Please roll out your mat over the top of the placeholder mats if in situ.
- After class you will be required to wipe down bolsters, blocks and anything used in the studio with antibacterial wipes supplied.
Booking & policy:
- As I am an independent teacher all bookings are via the form above or via email. (You won’t find me listed on the Woke Yoga’s website.)
- Refunds for no-show or cancellations within 2 hours of the start times are not available. However, if you for-see missing a booked event/class i.e.: the day before, please email to cancel so your space can be offered to anyone wait listed and we will endeavour to fill your spot.