Iyengar Yoga Retreat
The Retreat is thoughtfully planned so there is time to focus on yoga, being on retreat and taking a break.
The retreat is for anyone who has done some yoga to more experienced practitioners, so everyone is welcome and catered for.
The venue, Alam Indah, is an established balinese family run hotel with friendly staff who welcome us with open hearts. The whole boutique villa style property is situated within a jungle atmosphere and within easy walking distance into Ubud central. The unique balinese style rooms are nestled in wonderful gardens, some overlook the valley, others look out on to the gardens. There is also an open air dining room and swimming pool.
The Yoga sessions are held in the open air space which is exclusively our shala for the week. It has a cool floor and looks out onto tropical gardens. The morning sessions start with a guided meditation followed by yoga asana class. Then we get together again later in the afternoons for restorative & pranayama or a led practice class.
Ubud is the cultural and arts centre of Bali. There are many places of interest to visit or spend free time during the days and evenings just relaxing. Bali is part of the Indonesian archipelago and is predominately Hindu in faith.
Costs & Inclusions
This retreat costs include:
* All Yoga tuition and guided meditation
* Airport transfers to & from Ubud
* 8 nights single or share accommodation
* Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
* Hire of some yoga equipment
* Cultural day outing
* Welcome dinner
* Free daily shuttle service to local surrounds, wifi, fruit, tea & coffee, filtered water etc.
* A Bali Retreat information pack sent to all participants.
Room Booking Updated 25/1/23
Check the rooms below for availability:
Hibiscus – Reserved Mawar – Reserved Jepun – Reserved Coconut – Reserved
Pisang – Reserved
* Airfares are not included.
* Costs are set according to the room you choose, as they are all wonderful but different sizes and views.
* A Deposit is due upon registration to block space and accommodation.
* Pack a yoga mat & strap, foam blocks if you have and any other special equipment you may use for practice. Other props are supplied, like blankets, bolsters and some chairs.
* Check-In from 2.00 PM Saturday October 21, for the Sunday AM start. The retreat concludes 12 noon Sunday, October 29.
Villa Style Rooms are available for either SHARE or SINGLE occupancy. To view the rooms see HERE
Sharing a room requires the participants to find someone to share with. Share accommodation is based on a twin or double shared room. Please specify if you require twin share or double bedding arrangements. If you have a non-participating partner accompanying you, please request a cost quote via the contact form below. Let us know which room(s) you’re interested in for the corresponding costs.
Single occupancy: Retreating can be a reflective, personal experience at times and it is often a blessing to have one’s own space to immerse the mind, rest the body and search the soul! There are a limited number of rooms, so if you prefer your own room, please book early.
Also note: If all rooms at the venue become fully booked, there are two sister properties within a very short walking distance, where accommodation may be arranged. Please use the contact form below to request availability details.
Registration & Payment
* Please register via the form below.
* List room choices in order of preference.
* A deposit of $500 is required upon registration to block a space & reserve rooms accommodation.
* Once your registration and deposit are received accommodation & space on the retreat will be blocked.
* All payments are via bank transfer.
* Complete the contact form below. Banking details will then be emailed to you.
* All payments to be finalised by September 21, 2023.
* Only for Non-Australian residents.
* If you live outside of Australia you can make secure payments in AUD with PayPal.
* Please fill in the below contact form to request PayPal details.
* Alternatively, you are welcome to pay via international bank transfer, please request banking details by filling in the contact form below.
Travelling to Bali in 2023
* Participants must be fully vaccinated to enter Bali without quarantine, or a 7 day quarantine period is applicable.
* Australian residents are required to purchase a visa upon entry into Bali, cost is $50.
* You MUST have at least 6 months validity on your passport to gain entry into Bali and Indonesian officials are very strict about this.
* If you are travelling to Bali from another country, make sure you check visa requirements.
* Bali’s entry rules are evolving all the time. See Bali’s official entry requirements on website Welcome back to Bali
* Reference the Australian Government’s Smartraveller website for information on travelling to Bali HERE
© New Generation Yoga Sydney – Suzi Chin Silicz
Register for this retreat by completing the contact form below:
About the teacher
Suzi Chin Silicz has been practising Iyengar Yoga for over 35 years and teaching for 28. She is a Level 2 Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with a solid background in teaching long term classes in various Iyengar Yoga schools in Sydney, Australia as well as retreats overseas. She currently teaches weekly classes & workshops at Redfern Yoga Space, in Sydney Australia.