An Iyengar Yoga Retreat
in Nyuh Kuning, Ubud
October 22-30, 2022 with Suzi Chin Silicz
This retreat is currently in the planning stages with dates set for 2022. Expressions of interest are welcome, with bookings opening in January.
The Bali Retreat….
The retreat is an opportunity to step away from your everyday routine and infuse your mind and body with yoga, meditation, down time and great food as you live for a week in the glorious surrounds of Alam Indah’s little haven in the jungle.
Come and join us!
The Retreat in Bali is carefully planned so there is time to focus on yoga, being on retreat and taking a break. The retreat is for anyone who has done some yoga to more experienced practitioners, so everyone is welcome and catered for. The cost includes accommodation and other extras so the only thing you need to plan is your air fare and the usual sundry travel arrangements.
The venue, Alam Indah, is a family run hotel with friendly staff who welcome us with open hearts. There is a swimming pool and villa style rooms situated in beautiful gardens within a jungle atmosphere. The unique balinese style rooms all offer air-conditioning & fans and are nestled in wonderful gardens. Some overlook the jungle valley, others have garden views.
Ubud is the cultural centre of Bali. There are many places of interest to visit or spend the free time during the days and evenings just relaxing.
Arrive to check in on Saturday from 2.00 PM, for the Sunday morning start. The friendly Alam Indah staff will help settle you into your room and show you around. The retreat will complete Sunday, with checkout at 12 noon. Late checkouts can be arranged upon request.
The Yoga sessions start on Sunday morning 7am. The space has a cool floor and looks out onto tropical gardens. The morning sessions start with a guided meditation then tea followed by a 2 hour yoga asana class. Then we get together again later in the afternoons for 1 1/2 hours of restorative & pranayama or a led practice class.
Read more about the retreat days and schedule here
Yoga equipment to bring You will need to bring a mat, strap, blocks if you have some lightweight ones, and any other special equipment you may use for practice. Other equipment is supplied.. like blankets, bolsters and chairs.
INCLUSIONS & COSTS
This retreat costs include…
* All Yoga tuition and guided meditation daily
* Transfers to & from the airport to Ubud
* 8 nights accommodation single or share rooms (costs listed below)
* Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
* Welcome dinner
* Hire of some yoga equipment
* Cultural day outing
* Free daily shuttle service to local surrounds, wifi, fruit, tea & coffee, filtered water etc.
* A Bali Retreat 2022 information pack sent to all participants.
Please Note: Airfares are not included.
Costs are set according to the room you choose, as they are all wonderful but different sizes and views.
The Earlybird rates apply if paid in full by July 20, 2022.
Full rates apply after the earlybird date.
Final due date is September 20, 2022
Costs for 2022: TBC
The following rooms listed below are available for either share or single occupancy.
The list is updated as bookings come in. Please refer to this before requesting accommodation preferences.
Gardenia – Suite Valley View
Rambutan – Suite Garden View
Pomelo – Garden House View
Lotus – Garden View
Lily – Garden View
Hibiscus – Valley View
Mawar – Valley View
Coconut – Garden View – Reserved
Cengkeh – Garden View
Pisang – Garden View
Jepun – Garden View
Sharing a room requires the participants to find someone to share with. Share accommodation is based on a twin or double shared room. Please specify if you require twin share or double bedding arrangements. If you have a non-participating partner accompanying you, please request a cost quote via the contact form below. Let us know which rooms you are interested in so we can give you the corresponding costs.
Single occupancy: Retreating can be a reflective, personal experience at times and it is often a blessing to have one’s own space to immerse the mind, rest the body and search the soul! There are a limited number of rooms, so if you prefer your own room, please consider booking early.
Also note: If all rooms at the venue become fully booked, there are two sister properties within a very short walking distance, Alam Shanti or Alam Jiwa, where accommodation may be arranged. Please use the contact form below to request availability details.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENTS
* A deposit of $400 is required to secure a space. We recommend to book with your deposit asap, then the room will be blocked for you and taken off the availability list.
* Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after 12 weeks prior to the retreat’s start date. Before 12 weeks prior to the start date, 50% of the deposit is refundable or transferable. You can view the full T&C’s HERE
* All payments are via bank transfer.
* Complete the contact form below and indicate if you wish to register after which banking details will be emailed to you.
* Once your registration and deposit are received accommodation will be blocked.
* Only for non-Australian residents.
* If you live outside of Australia you can make secure payments in AUD with PayPal.
* Please fill in the below contact form to request PayPal details.
* Alternatively, you are welcome to pay via international bank transfer, please request banking details by filling in the contact form below.
* It is advised that participants have travel insurance cover and the appropriate vaccinations if desired.
* Australian residents do not require a visa to enter Indonesia however you MUST have at least 6 months validity on your passport to gain entry into Bali and Indonesian officials are very strict about this. If you are travelling to Bali from another country, make sure you check visa requirements.
© New Generation Yoga Sydney – Suzi Chin Silicz
About the teacher
Suzi Chin Silicz has been practising Iyengar Yoga for over 35 years and teaching for 27. She is a Junior Intermediate Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with a solid background in teaching long term classes in various Iyengar Yoga schools in Sydney, Australia as well as retreats overseas.
Suzi sees herself as a teacher in daily life, offering a regular routine and reference for people to feel steadiness in their lives via yoga. She believes this is the essence of Yoga, returning to our foundations, revisiting, reassessing and refreshing our lives through the “eyes” of a Yoga practice and what it feeds back to us. Suzi has also studied Yoga extensively with Caroline Coggins, the Iyengars in Pune, India and Yoga therapy with Stephanie Quirk.
Enquire or register for this retreat by completing the contact form below: