An Iyengar Yoga Retreat in Ubud
with Suzi Chin Silicz
2023 Dates: October 21 – 29
Bookings open February, 2023.
The Bali Retreat is carefully planned so there is time to focus on yoga, being on retreat and taking a break. The retreat is for anyone who has done some yoga to more experienced practitioners, so everyone is welcome and catered for. The cost includes accommodation and other extras so the only thing you need to plan is your air fare and the usual travel arrangements.
The venue is a balinese family run hotel with friendly staff who welcome us with open hearts. There is a swimming pool and villa style rooms situated in beautiful gardens within a jungle atmosphere. The unique balinese style rooms all offer ceiling fans and air-conditioning and are nestled in wonderful gardens. Some overlook the jungle valley, others have garden views.
Ubud is the cultural and arts centre of Bali. There are many places of interest to visit or spend free time during the days and evenings just relaxing. Bali is part of the Indonesian archipelago and is predominately Hindu in faith.
Arrive to check in from 2.00 PM Saturday October 21, for the Sunday morning start. The friendly Alam Indah staff will help settle you into your room and show you around. The retreat will complete at 11 AM on Sunday, October 29, with checkout at 12 noon. Late checkouts can be arranged upon request.
The Yoga sessions The open air space is exclusively our shala for the week, has a cool floor and looks out onto tropical gardens. The morning sessions start with a guided meditation followed by yoga asana class. Then we get together again later in the afternoons for restorative & pranayama or a led practice class.
Yoga equipment to bring You will need to bring a mat, strap, blocks if you have some lightweight ones, and any other special equipment you may use for practice. Other equipment is supplied.. like blankets, bolsters and some chairs.
Costs: will be published by February, 2023.
This retreat costs include…
* All Yoga tuition and guided meditation daily
* Transfers to & from Denpasar airport to Ubud
* 8 nights accommodation single or share rooms
* Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
* Welcome dinner
* Hire of some yoga equipment
* Cultural day outing
* Free daily shuttle service to local surrounds, wifi, fruit, tea & coffee, filtered water etc.
* A Bali Retreat information pack sent to all participants.
* Airfares are not included.
* Costs are set according to the room you choose, as they are all wonderful but different sizes and views.
* A Deposit is due upon registration to block space and accommodation.
Villa Style Rooms
Rooms are available for either SHARE or SINGLE occupancy.
Please check availability before requesting accommodation preferences.
Sharing a room requires the participants to find someone to share with. Share accommodation is based on a twin or double shared room. Please specify if you require twin share or double bedding arrangements. If you have a non-participating partner accompanying you, please request a cost quote via the contact form below. Let us know which rooms you are interested in so we can give you the corresponding costs.
Single occupancy: Retreating can be a reflective, personal experience at times and it is often a blessing to have one’s own space to immerse the mind, rest the body and search the soul! There are a limited number of rooms, so if you prefer your own room, please consider booking early.
Also note: If all rooms at the venue become fully booked, there are two sister properties within a very short walking distance, where accommodation may be arranged. Please use the contact form below to request availability details.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENTS
OPEN FEBRUARY, 2023.
* A deposit of $450 is required to register a space & reserve accommodation.
* When you register please list room choices in order of preference, subject to availability.
* All payments are via bank transfer.
* Complete the contact form below. Banking details will then be emailed to you.
* Once your registration and deposit are received accommodation & space on the retreat will be blocked.
* All payments to be finalised by September.
* Only for Non-Australian residents.
* If you live outside of Australia you can make secure payments in AUD with PayPal.
* Please fill in the below contact form to request PayPal details.
* Alternatively, you are welcome to pay via international bank transfer, please request banking details by filling in the contact form below.
For the 2023 retreat:
Travel recommendations and conditions – Updated 18/11/22
* Participants must be fully vaccinated to enter Bali without quarantine, otherwise a 7 day quarantine period is applicable.
* Australian residents are currently required to purchase a visa upon entry into Bali, cost is approx. $50.
* You MUST have at least 6 months validity on your passport to gain entry into Bali and Indonesian officials are very strict about this.
* If you are travelling to Bali from another country, make sure you check visa requirements.
Bali entry requirements are evolving all the time. See a great resource with updated information on entry into Bali HERE
You can also keep an eye on the Australian Government’s Smartraveller website for information on travelling to Bali HERE
© New Generation Yoga Sydney – Suzi Chin Silicz
About the teacher
Suzi Chin Silicz has been practising Iyengar Yoga for over 35 years and teaching for 28. She is a Level 2 Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with a solid background in teaching long term classes in various Iyengar Yoga schools in Sydney, Australia as well as retreats overseas. She currently teaches weekly classes & workshops at Redfern Yoga Space, in Sydney Australia.
Suzi sees herself as a teacher in daily life, offering a regular routine and reference for people to feel steadiness in their lives via yoga. She believes this is the essence of Yoga, returning to our foundations, revisiting, reassessing and refreshing our lives through the “eyes” of a Yoga practice and what it feeds back to us. Suzi has also studied Yoga extensively from a time when Yoga was in it’s infancy in Australia. Suzi trained with Caroline Coggins, the Iyengars in Pune, India and Yoga therapy with Stephanie Quirk.
Enquire or register for this retreat by completing the contact form below: