18 – 26 October
An 8 day Iyengar Yoga Retreat
in Nyuh Kuning, Ubud
The Retreat this year has been carefully planned so there is time to focus on yoga, being on retreat and taking a break. The cost includes accommodation and other extras so the only thing you need to plan is your air fare and the usual sundry travel arrangements. The retreat is for anyone who has done some yoga to more experienced practitioners, so everyone is welcome and catered for.
The venue, Alam Indah, is a family run hotel with friendly staff who welcome us with open hearts. There is a swimming pool and villa style rooms situated in beautiful gardens within a jungle atmosphere. The 12 unique rooms all offer air-conditioning & fans and are nestled in wonderful gardens. Some overlook the jungle valley, others have garden views.
Ubud is the cultural centre of Bali. There are many places of interest to visit or spend the free time during the days and evenings just relaxing.
Arrive to check in on Friday October 18, 2019 from 2.00 PM, for the Saturday morning start. The friendly Alam Indah staff will help settle you into your room and show you around. The retreat will complete Saturday, October 26 with checkout at 12 noon. Late checkouts can be arranged upon request.
The Yoga sessions start on Saturday morning, October 19 at 7am. The space has a cool floor and looks out onto tropical gardens. The morning sessions start with a guided meditation then tea followed by a 2 hour yoga asana class. Then we get together again later in the afternoons for 1 1/2 hours of restorative & pranayama or a led practice class.
Read more about the retreat days and schedule here
Yoga equipment to bring You will need to bring a mat, strap, blocks if you have some lightweight ones, and any other special equipment you may use for practice. Other equipment is supplies, like blankets, bolsters and chairs.
INCLUSIONS & COSTS
This retreat costs include…
* Yoga asana, pranayama & restorative classes plus guided meditation daily
* Transfers to & from the airport to Ubud
* 8 nights accommodation single or share rooms (costs listed below).
* Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
* Welcome dinner
* Hire of some yoga equipment
* Cultural day outing
* Free daily shuttle service to local surrounds, wifi, fruit, tea & coffee, filtered water etc.
* 10% discount on the hotel’s Alam Wangi Spa treatments.
* A Bali Retreat 2019 information pack sent to all participants.
Please Note: Airfares are not included.
Cost for deposit, Earlybird rate & dates…
An initial deposit of $400 is required per person to secure a space and block accommodation.
Please note: The Early Bird discount is now extended to July 31.
The early bird is on offer when final payments are paid in full before (was July 18) now July 31, 2019.
The full rate applies to all bookings paid in total after July 31, 2019, with the final due date of September 18, 2019.
The Earlybird costs vary depending on your choice of accommodation. If you can find someone to share with, then these costs are less.
Full costs apply after July 31 and share costs are less, see the below table.
Costs have been broken down according to the room you choose, as they are all wonderful but different sizes and views.
You can view more details about the rooms HERE
The following rooms at Alam Indah for either share or single occupancy:
Gardenia – Suite Valley view – available
Pomelo – Garden view – available
Jepun – Valley view – available
Lily – Garden view – available
Hibiscus – Deposit taken
Mawar – Taken
Coconut – Deposit taken
Cengkeh – Taken
Rambutan – Deposit taken
Pisang – Deposit taken
Mangosteen – Deposit taken
Also Note: If all rooms at the venue become fully booked, there may still be rooms available close by within a very short walking distance, in one of Alam Indah’s sister hotels. Please use the contact form below to request availability details.
Single occupancy: Retreating can be a reflective, personal experience at times and it is often a blessing to have one’s own space to immerse the mind, rest the body and search the soul! There are a limited number of rooms, so if you prefer your own room, please consider booking early.
Sharing a room requires the participants to find someone to share with. Share accommodation is based on a twin or double shared room. Please specify if you require twin share or double bedding arrangements. If you have a non-participating partner accompanying you, please request a cost quote via the contact form below. Let us know which rooms you are interested in so we can give you the corresponding costs.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENTS
* A deposit of $400 is required to secure a space. We recommend to book with your deposit asap, then the room will be blocked for you and taken off the availability list.
* Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after July 18, 2019. Before July 18, 2019 50% of the deposit is refundable or transferable. You can view the full T&C’s HERE
* All payments are via bank transfer.
* Complete the contact form below and indicate if you wish to register and we will email you banking details.
* Once we receive your registration and deposit we will block accommodation for you.
* Only for non-Australian residents.
* If you live outside of Australia you can make secure payments in AUD with PayPal.
* Please fill in the below contact form to request PayPal details.
* Alternatively, you are welcome to pay via international bank transfer, please request banking details by filling in the contact form below.
Please see the Bali 2019 Retreat’s T&C’s of you need to withdraw/cancel.
* It is advised that participants have travel insurance cover and the appropriate vaccinations if desired.
* Australian residents do not require a visa to enter Indonesia however you MUST have at least 6 months validity on your passport to gain entry into Bali and Indonesian officials are very strict about this. If you are travelling to Bali from another country, make sure you check visa requirements.
© New Generation Yoga Sydney – Suzi Chin Silicz
About the teacher
Suzi Chin Silicz has been practising Iyengar Yoga for over 35 years and teaching for 26. She is a Junior Intermediate Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with a solid background in teaching long term classes in Sydney, Australia.
Suzi continues to teach at The Yoga Centre East Redfern – An Iyengar Institute with Caroline Coggins who has been her teacher and mentor in Yoga for over 3 decades. Suzi also teaches at The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney.
Suzi sees herself as a teacher in daily life, offering a regular routine and reference for people to feel steadiness in their lives via yoga. She believes this is the essence of Yoga, returning to our foundations, revisiting, reassessing and refreshing our lives through the “eyes” of a Yoga practice and what it feeds back to us. Suzi has also studied Yoga with the Iyengars in Pune, India and Yoga therapy with Stephanie Quirk.
Enquire or register for this retreat by completing the contact form below: