18 – 26 October
with Suzi Chin Silicz
An 8 day retreat in Nyuh Kuning, Ubud
The 2019 Iyengar Yoga Retreat has been carefully planned so there is time to focus on yoga, being on retreat and taking a break. The cost includes accommodation and other extras so the only thing you need to plan is your air fare and the usual sundry travel arrangements. The retreat is for anyone who has done some yoga to more experienced practitioners, so everyone is welcome and catered for.
The venue, Alam Indah, is a family run hotel with friendly staff who welcome us with open hearts. There is a swimming pool and villa style rooms situated in beautiful gardens within a jungle atmosphere. The 12 unique rooms all offer air-conditioning & fans and are nestled in wonderful gardens. Some overlook the jungle valley, others have garden views.
Arrive to check in on Friday October 18 from 2.00 PM, for the Saturday morning start. The friendly Alam Indah staff will help settle you into your room and show you around.
The retreat will complete Saturday, October 26 with checkout at 12 noon. Late checkouts can be arranged upon request.
The Yoga sessions start on Saturday morning, October 19 at 7am. The space has a cool floor and looks out onto tropical gardens. Most of the equipment is supplied, but you will need to bring your mat, strap, blocks of you have some, and any other special equipment you may use for practice. The morning sessions start with a guided meditation then tea followed by a 2 hour yoga asana class. Then we get together again later in the afternoons for 1 1/2 hours of restorative & pranayama or practice class.
Ubud is the cultural centre of Bali. There are many places of interest to visit or spend the free time during the days and evenings just relaxing.
INCLUSIONS & COSTS
This retreat costs include…
* Yoga asana, pranayama & restorative classes plus guided meditation daily
* Transfers to & from the airport to Ubud
* 8 nights accommodation single or share rooms (costs listed below).
* Breakfast & afternoon tea daily
* Welcome dinner
* Hire of some yoga equipment
* Cultural day outing
* Free daily shuttle service to local surrounds, wifi, fruit, tea & coffee, filtered water etc.
* 10% discount on the hotel’s Alam Wangi Spa treatments.
* A Bali Retreat 2019 information pack sent to all participants.
Please Note: Airfares are not included.
Cost for deposit, Earlybird rate & dates…
An initial deposit of $400 is required per person to secure a space and block accommodation. If you are keen to have a particular room, book early as space is limited.
The Early Bird discount is on offer when final payments are paid in full before July 18, 2019. The full rate applies to all bookings paid in total after July 18, 2019, with a final due date of September 18, 2019.
Earlybird costs vary depending on your choice of accommodation. If you can find someone to share with, then these costs are less. Full costs apply after July 18 and share costs are less, see the below table.
Costs according to rooms…
Costs have been broken down according to the room you choose, as they are all wonderful but different sizes and views. You can view more details about the rooms HERE
Note: If all rooms at the venue become fully booked, there may still be rooms available close by within a very short walking distance, in one of Alam Indah’s sister hotels. Please use the contact form below to request availability details.
Single occupancy: Retreating can be a reflective, personal experience at times and it is often a blessing to have one’s own space to immerse the mind, rest the body and search the soul! There are a limited number of rooms, so if you prefer your own room, please consider booking early.
Sharing a room requires the participants to find someone to share with. Share accommodation is based on a twin or double shared room. When deciding which rooms to share, check Alam Indah’s website for room sizes etc as some rooms are better to share space wise than others. Please specify if you require twin share or double bedding arrangements. If you have a non-participating partner accompanying you, please request a cost quote via the contact form below. Let us know which rooms you are interested in so we can give you the corresponding costs.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENTS
* A deposit of $400 is required to secure a space. We recommend to book with your deposit asap, then the room will be blocked for you and taken off the availability list.
* Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable after July 18, 2019. Before July 18, 2019 50% of the deposit is refundable or transferable. You can view the full T&C’s HERE
* All payments are via bank transfer.
* Complete the contact form below and indicate if you wish to register and we will email you banking details.
* Once we receive your registration and deposit we will block accommodation for you.
* Only for non-Australian residents.
* If you live outside of Australia you can make secure payments with PayPal. Please note there is a 2.6% surcharge added for all PayPal payments.
* Please fill in the below contact form to request PayPal details.
* Alternatively, you are welcome to pay via international bank transfer, please request details by filling in the contact form below.
Please see the Bali 2019 Retreat’s T&C’s of you need to withdraw/cancel.
* It is advised that participants have travel insurance cover and the appropriate vaccinations if desired.
* Australian residents do not require a visa to enter Indonesia however you MUST have at least 6 months validity on your passport to gain entry into Bali and Indonesian officials are very strict about this. If you are travelling to Bali from another country, make sure you check visa requirements.
About the teacher
Suzi Chin Silicz has been practising Iyengar Yoga for over 35 years and teaching for 25. She is a Junior Intermediate Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher with a solid background in teaching long term classes in Sydney, Australia.
Suzi continues to teach at The Yoga Centre East Redfern – An Iyengar Institute with Caroline Coggins who has been her teacher and mentor in Yoga for over 3 decades. Suzi also teaches at The Neutral Bay Yoga Centre and at The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney.
Suzi sees herself as a teacher in daily life, offering a regular routine and reference for people to feel steadiness in their lives via yoga. She believes this is the essence of Yoga, returning to our foundations, revisiting, reassessing and refreshing our lives through the “eyes” of a Yoga practice and what it feeds back to us. Suzi has also studied Yoga with the Iyengars in Pune, India and Yoga therapy with Stephanie Quirk.
Enquire or register for this retreat by completing the contact form below: